Tuesday, February 19, 2008

To Have More Kids or Not to Have More Kids

What is it about us men that make us so indecisive about having children or more children? I wasn't sure when to start having children with my first, I wasn't sure when to have another, and now I'm still not sure if I want a third. But, there was a time when my wife and I tried for a third. What has changed since then? Why has my outlook changed?

Before my wife and I got married we discussed our goals and dreams, and for some reason I envisioned having 3 children. That dream also included some sons. I am completely happy with my two daughters, but a small part of me still wants a son. I have no control over whether I have a boy or not, although they claim its up to the man it's really up to God. I am a little hesitant to try for a third child, because I don't need a son to be happy, but I would like a son.

Do I want a third child? What if I have a girl? I need to think and I don't know why men like me are so hesitant on having a child.

What are your thoughts? Help me if you can.

2 comments:

heidi said...

i dont think i'll be much help - i dont have kids yet! so i would be no help on how to decide to have more. -heidi

The Davis Family said...

Hi! I'm a "new" friend of Jodi's from the women's retreat! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. But here is a thought you probably haven't considered... why not adopt a baby or older child? Why not parent a child who needs a family? Hey - and obviously if you adopt older and sometimes when you adopt newborn - you can choose to adopt a little boy! That's our tentative plan for our child #2. Probably a little more than tentative - we're starting the process now.