Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hefeweizen Steak Marinade

I was doing a little research trying to come up with a marinade for grilling my steaks. I found one recipe that had the steaks soak in beer for an hour. I also found another that used lime juice to help tenderize the meat. I figured since I had Hefeweizen that I would use lemon - cuz that's what I drink it with. This was probably the juiciest, tastiest steak I've had in a long while.

Ingredients that I used:
Steak about 1 inch thick
1 bottle of Henry Weinhardt's Hefeweizen
Lemon Juice or a Lemon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
Sea Salt (Use a coarse salt or else it will dry out your steak)
Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Pinch Italian Seasoning (mix of spices)
Butter (I used "Can't believe its not butter made with Olive Oil")

So, I marinated the steak in beer in the fridge for one hour. I added Lemon juice after the hour and let it sit for 30 more minutes in the fridge to work on tenderizing the steak. I drained out the beer and coated the steak in a thin layer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and rubbed it into the steak. In a separate dish, I mixed 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, sea salt, Montreal steak seasoning and a pinch of Italian Seasoning. I patted that mixture into the steak and rubbed it in. I let the steak sit for 30 more minutes. I started up the grill and heat it up to 450-500 F. When I made it, I stuck the steak on the upper portion of the grill, because we had a little bit to wait for our baked potatoes to cook, I flipped the steak over after 10 minutes. After another 10 minutes, I opened up the grill and lowered the heat and allowed the steak to sit right above the flames for 5 minutes on each side. After that was all over, I brought the steak in and put it on a plate, put a teaspoon of butter (made with Olive Oil) on top, covered it with aluminum foil, and allowed the steak to sit in its juices for 10 minutes. The rest of the dinner finished right on time. The juiciest and tastiest steak with potatoes, and asparagus and it was awesome.

Today, I sliced up the leftover steak into thin slices. Sprayed some Olive Oil into the pan and heated it up over medium-high heat. After the meat was good and hot, I threw on some Mozzarella cheese and served it on bread with mayo. What a good steak sandwich... of course you could add onions and bell peppers for a Philly cheese steak, but I didn't have that stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Arnold men do know how to cook!!