Sunday, February 24, 2008

This Weekend

This weekend was my 4-day weekend. Thursday, I took Faith to the park while Jodi was at school helping out in Grace's classroom. We had a good time, and Faith gained the courage to climb accross these poles with bases on them all by herself. Now, it's her favorite thing to do. One of my buddies just got back from Kuwait or Iraq, he's going through a divorce and he only has his kids once every other weekend. He's originally from near where I live and he came down to visit his family, and he and his 3 kids and mine all got together and went to the park together. The kids had a lot of fun together. Jodi made all of us lunches of sandwiches, yogurt, and snacks and brought them out to the park - she's such a great wife. It was a good time for all of us. Then we went back and I made some chicken wings for a party we were having with our Bible Study Group. I'm glad some people liked them cause I was afraid I would be stuck with 30-40 hot wings that probably only I would eat. Jodi and I had a babysitter and it was kinda nice to get out together without the kids. Grace and Faith are so good for babysitters, they just love em. The party was a lot of fun too, since I usually work on Sunday, I got to hang out with the guys and gals from our Homebuilders group and we played games, which I won a $10 Starbucks gift card and a free movie ticket... AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

weekends are the best!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! We can't wait until you come up for Easter. We definitely have to hang out. We miss you guys. And you are right, you do have a great wife! :)