Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It would be nice...

Sometimes I think to myself it would be nice to win a million dollars, and I think about earning $50,000 a year in interest and just living off of that and the great things that I could do. I sometimes imagine ways to earn more money or some scheme, but I realized that all that is greed. Greed is Idolatry.

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' 6 So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?' "

So, it reminds me that even though it would be nice to come accross a couple mil, God will never leave me and never forsake me. I'm happy and content with what I got... sometimes it's nice to dream, but I guess there is a point where dreaming becomes idolatry and greed.

No comments: