Sunday, November 23, 2008

You stink

Well, that's what the wife said after I got home from my basketball game. She was talking about odor, not my play on the court which could have been better.

To start off the game, our team Captain for the day, made it a point for everyone to sub out for at least 10 minutes, which may have been a little much since we only had 7 players, but we each made a point to get off the floor at least twice. I felt like I was involved a lot more, and it was my best game yet, but it was all for not cuz we lost... and to make matters worse, the one point that we lost by was due to the last foul of the game that was on me.

I scored 9 points this game, which is my personal best (out of three games so far), but that last point just drives me nuts. The guy drove in on me, I was getting pushed in the back by another player, and he just kind of jammed himself under my arm, and hooked up under me with his arm, and jumped, but he got the call. Both teams were in the penalty and he only needed to make one of his free throws, to win them the game.

Oh well, even though we lost, I had a great time playing the game, and I really am just enjoying myself. I don't have a lot of free time, and rarely have free time to myself. Jodi has a few things she does during the week with other women, while I stay at home and watch the girls, so it's nice for me to get away, although, it would be nice if Jodi and I got away once in a while too.

Then I came home and watched Wall-E with the girls. Of course, they had already seen it, so they lost interest fast. But, it was nice that both Grace and Faith cuddled up with me during the movie, and Jodi fell asleep on the couch with us. Grace kept showing me her loose tooth, and Faith couldn't sit still for long. I liked the movie, and despite the lack of human characters in the movie until about halfway through it, I liked the characters and communication that occurred with the robots. It was a nice movie and I hope the girls like it, cuz before we rented (free rental), we bought it for them for Christmas... shhhh! don't say anything.

No comments: