Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another day gone by

We watched Kung Fu Panda last night with the girls. It was hilarious and had a good story to it. I found myself just bursting into laughter quite a bit, and if there was any bad stuff in it, I didn't really notice. It was such a great movie, for me and the kids, and just plain funny.

Tonight, I made pork with mashed potatoes and baked beans. It was kind of a simple little dinner, and with the exception of Faith everyone seemed to love it. Over the pork, I just used some Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar, thyme and rosemary, then added liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, Red Wine, and on half I added some hot spices, Frank's Red Hot, and what I refer to as "rooster sauce," then grilled them up a little on each side and threw them in the oven. But, while I was cooking it in the oven to heat it thoroughly, I basted them with regular ol' Jack Daniel BBQ Sauce. Of course, I added some liquid smoke to the baked beans.

No comments: