Monday, November 24, 2008

What a day!

Early on in the day, Jodi had to go get her glucose test at the hospital. Hopefully things are good and she won't have to take the 2-3 hour test, and hopefully she won't have Gestational Diabetes again.

Then we went to Taco Bell, and drove out to the Blazers and Kings game at the Rose Garden. See the pictures of us enjoying the game below.






Luckily the kids did well, and the Arena did a great job getting the kids into the game. They even brought out this huge balloon that Faith just loved. It was remote controlled and would drop gift cards down on the fans. By the 4th quarter, Faith kept asking me when the car was going to come back. Of course, it wasn't coming back, but she just wanted to see it again. Well, here it is flying above us.



I guess our church team isn't the only team that loses by one point. The Sacramento Kings who were getting beat pretty bad in the first quarter, then brought it back to within 4 by the half and then even had a lead, lost the game by 1 point. I've never been to a Kings game where they have actually won... I've went to one in Seattle, and now one in Portland, and 3 or 4 in Sacramento when I was younger, and they've lost them all. We still had such a great time, and I do like the Blazers too, I actually know more of their players now that the Kings have restructured the team. They still have Brad Miller, Kevin Martin, and Bobby Jackson, but that's it. I went to a Blazer game last year, and had pretty much front row seats, and other than Greg Oden as a starter the Blazers still have pretty much the same guys playing... so I wasn't too disappointed the Kings lost. At least every Blazer game I've been to, I can say that they've won every one. It's a good streak to have.

It was adorable to watch the kids clap and cheer, I don't think they knew who they were rooting for, but the feel of the crowd and arena really got them into the game... or at least made it seem that way.

No comments: