Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yesterday was one of those days...

where I failed at trying to be humble.

I was trying to let Jodi take a little nap, cause Faith and Grace have been waking up real early and waking Jodi up, and I slept right through it all. While watching, or more like supposed to be watching the kids, I was messing around on the computer or something, and before I knew it Faith had woken her up. I felt kinda bad, and didn't really want to admit that I was wrong when Jodi was upset with me. I remembered that I needed to be humble, but it was really hard to just apologize about something that seemed so menial. I realize that nothing is really menial when it comes to being humble nor is there anything small in a marriage. Of course, we worked things out, I guess it's "baby steps" for me, to lose the pride, even when something seems small.

Pride separates us from God (Ps 10:4), and just as easily will separate us from those around us. How can we have a successful relationship with our spouses if we're creating boundaries with pride? At least, I've succeeded in admitting that I need to be more humble... I don't know how far that gets me, but I'm trying.

No comments: