Friday, July 18, 2008

Today's the day...

that we've decided to finally tell everyone, well at least those that read my blog. Half of the world already knows - not really half, but half of the people we know. We initially were only going to tell our immediate family, but then Grace opened her mouth to the neighbors, so I figured a few neighbors knew that didn't already know, and I let it slip out. It didn't help that we bought a minivan. Of course, people would ask Jodi and she can't just lie to them, so those people also know. Jodi went to an appointment on Tuesday to hopefully hear the heartbeat and do some sort of ultrasound, while I stayed at home with the kids and watched Indiana Jones. My favorite of the Indiana Jones Trilogy (I guess now could be quardrilogy or tetralogy) is the Temple of Doom, but I let Grace pick, so we watched the Ark of the Covenant. We had planned to wait until the ultrasound to tell everyone, but it's been 9 weeks that she's been pregnant, so it's kinda hard to keep the news from everyone. One of the ladies at Jodi's bible study asked her if she was pregnant, and the word is out, so we've decided it's no longer a secret and we'd just tell everyone. I figured I would put it on here first.

If we have a boy, his name will be Ephraim, and if we have a girl her name will most likely be Hope, but we're still debating that one, since it might be kinda cheesy with 2 sisters, Grace and Faith. Boy or Girl I will be happy. Part of me wants a boy, but I'll be happy with whatever God graces me with.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, congratulations. We were just wondering about this the other day but didn't want to intrude by asking. This isn't how we thought we would find out but we are very excited for you guys. And congrats on the minivan too. I hope everything is going well so far and that Jodi is feeling well. Say HI to her for us. Btw, when are you due? Mid-february?

Delayna said...

congrats on the coming baby! :)

heidi said...

YAY!!!!!! congrats! so uhm, i dont think it's cheesy to have those names, i think its cute --- but i am hoping you will have a boy cuz none of my friends have had a boy yet!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats and God bless you both. I will pray for a healthy happy momma and baby.