Saturday, May 31, 2008

I guess, I've been a little out of the blogosphere for a while

Memorial day weekend we went to Cannon beach with some of our friends Jenna and Andrew. Andrew's sister and her husband came along as well, and we had a good time hanging out. Here's a pic of the kids and I enjoying ourselves at the beach.


Then later that evening we had some dinner with them back at their pad. After dinner us guys took to the kitchen and talked about almost everything, from dihydrogen monoxide, politics, religion, welding, electronics - almost everything. I didn't even realize how all over the place our conversations were until Jodi pointed it out to me later that night, but they all related. Think about it, dihydrogen monoxide is H2O (aka water for the chemically challenged), Penn and Teller did a show on getting hippie libs to ban water, which led us to the sheep in this world who will be voting for Barack Obama, then of course got us talking about the end of the world as we know it - see the connection there - needless to say, sometimes just talking with your peers is good, whether it makes sense to the outside listener or not.

Now, this week we had a nice little church get together with the other happy couples of our "Homebuilders" bible study group. I made some hot wings and some sweet & tangy wings for the party.

A few weeks ago Grace decided she wanted to try and ride a bicycle. I did everything I could to be the Dad and push her along and let go, but she wanted nothing to do with it. "Fine," I said thinking that she would just give up, but I was wrong. She borrowed other children's bikes up and down the street and now she's a pro... well, a very good novice.

Anyways, check out this short clip of her really pedaling, and I can't even say I helped. She's such a determined little girl. She's also reading really well too. I'm so proud of my little girl.


I guess I'll have to get her a bike now, of her own.

1 comment:

Rory and Jen said...

Wow! Look at her go! I can't believe how big she is! Still as cute as ever!

Jen