Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Weekend!

Jodi's family came down to visit. On Saturday, Jodi and the girls gave me a cool mug and a Calvin and Hobbes comic (my favorite as a teenager). If you can't make out the words on the mug, it says, "you are the BEST DAD." Inside the cup it says, "We Love YOU!" with a smiley face, and on the other side Grace wrote, "I love you daddy," and Jodi painted it in for her. The cup is cool, so on Sunday, cause I'm still working Sundays, I brought it to work to show it off to all my co-workers. I start getting Sundays off starting the 9th of July. Needless to say, my father's day was great!

And, Earlier this week Grace graduated Kindergarten, which she was super excited about. Now she stays at home playing Guitar hero and Rock band, which she can beat songs on the guitar on the 'easy' level now, and I'm pretty proud of her on all of her accomplishments, especially her reading. She's beginning to really enjoy reading and just flying through books faster than we expected she would. Just a few months ago she started getting the hang of reading, and it's just so exciting to see her progress.

No pictures of this, but I can't forget the awesome BBQ Ribs that Jodi made for me. I threw them on the grill, but she did all the real work. She boiled them, which we've never heard of before... boiling ribs - hmm? And she made the sauce, I just threw them on the grill for 20 or so minutes and brushed them like crazy with her scrumptious sauce. Man, I love grilling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Grace is already done with Kindergarten. Tell her Congrats! from us. We miss you guys. Let us know the next time you will be in town!