Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun Times

I love my kids, and I try to enjoy as much time with them as I can. One day, I know that they will probably not want to spend as much time with me and I will probably get on their nerves, so I am glad that we had some fun times together over the past week or so. We went out to eat, we went for a nice little drive, and the next day we went bowling and shopping. Initially Faith seemed to be having a fun time bowling, but by the second game she was bored and tired. However, Grace enjoyed herself throughout. I got a kick out of the expressions on her face and her excitement, especially when she bowled her first strike - the ball didn't even hit the bumpers. I hope that when my kids get older they won't be like I was; once I hit 16 or 17, I never wanted to do things with my dad. I can't explain it, but I know quite a few teens go through that, and I just hope my kids will still want me around. Grace is growing up so fast, and Faith is right on her tail. I guess I just have to enjoy life while I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean and Audrey isn't even as old as your girls yet. It is very bittersweet to watch them grow up, isn't it?

Joel said...

Yes. Part of me can't wait to see them grow up. Like thinking, I can't wait for them to start walking, reading, but then you wonder why you ever wanted them to grow up in the first place.