Monday, May 11, 2009

It's done

Here I sit on the couch hopped up on valium and vicodin, while my wife babies me. She wants to make sure I'm comfortable. She actually feels bad for me for some reason. I was happy to get the vasectomy, so that she didn't have to go through any surgery again. She has done enough as far as having the children, the least I could do was get a vasectomy. Jodi is so awesome. She bought me some video games and has been really concerned about me not doing too much as there have been some cases of men having continuous discomfort after vasectomies, so much so that sex is painful for them and not pleasant. Jodi doesn't want that to be the case for me. The biggest things the doctor told me to minimize complications was ice, rest and support. So, that's what I'm doing and Jodi is being great. I'm feeling a little nauseated, I don't know if it's from the vicodin or what, but I know that is one of the side effects of the drug. So far, so good as far as following the doctors orders. It takes 6-8 weeks for the reserves in my body to be depleted to ensure that I am sterile, but even then I have to be tested to be sure. I'm just glad that I don't have to do the deed at the hospital, because that'd just be weird.

No comments: