Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fish and Frogs

On Monday, after my consult, I accompanied Jodi and Faith to Hope's 2 month check-up. Faith and I waited in the lobby where they had a little play area for Faith. Hope weighed in at 11 pounds and 23 inches long... a nice size. Faith got tired of playing and sat in my lap next to the aquarium and we watched the fish for quite some time. She had a lot of questions about their fins and gills, and what each one was... of course I knew a little, but not much. I told her we'd go look at some fish... we ended up buying 2 African Dwarf Frogs. They were just so darn cute and fun to watch that we added 2 frogs and 2 fish today... now have 4 African Dwarf Frogs, and 2 Harlequin Rasboras. Grace was a little emotional about the thought that one of the frogs might be stuck in the submarine, and when we went to look at the store she almost busted out in tears when little Nemo in the saltwater tank was being engulfed by an anemone and his brother was upside down getting sucked into the filter. It was endearing, yet a different experience... I'm glad I got them fish instead of a dog or something... I'm really not looking forward to any of our pets dying. The fish and frogs are doing well and it's a lot of fun to watch them swim around.

No comments: